Please spread the word about this job opening in MECA’s office in Berkeley, California.
Job Description: Administrative Assistant
Position: 60%, 4 days week
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for recruiting and managing volunteers, communications, assisting Executive Director, and other Administrative tasks and reports to Financial Administrator and Executive Director.
- Recruits new volunteers to MECA working with Director
- Maintains files with volunteer background information
- Assigns tasks to volunteers
- Assist Event manager in recruiting volunteers to help at events
- Brings printed literature & sales items to events
Reception & Email
- Answer phones and receive visitors
- Assist customers and donors who drop in the office
- Manage MECA’s main email account & route emails appropriately
Assist Executive Director
- Assist with drafting and sending informational emails
- Assist with social media for MECA and Shop Palestine
- Press releases when appropriate
- Sends events, Shop Palestine emails
- Assist in managing Shop Palestine website
- Coordinate production of printed materials with Development Director
- Managing estimates to keep print & postage costs within budget
- Maintain office area and conference room
- Other duties as needed
Requirements for position: Applicant must have 2-3 years of work experience. Applicant needs to speak and read Arabic, have good communication skills, and work well with a team. Work involves assisting Executive Director in communications and scheduling, office reception, volunteer coordination, attending and working at MECA events, and many other responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
MECA works to protect the rights and improve the lives of children in the Middle East through aid, empowerment and education. In the Middle East, MECA provides humanitarian aid, partners with community organizations to run projects for children, and supports income-generation projects. MECA’s current projects are in Palestine and Lebanon. In the US and internationally, MECA raises awareness about the lives of children in the region and encourages meaningful action.
If interested, please contact [email protected] with resume and cover letter. Please no phone calls.
MECA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees/applicants in all of our employment practices without regard to race, religion, color, sex or gender (including gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, pregnancy- and childbirth-related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, uniform-service member/veteran status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, taking/requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law.