Help MECA find a new member of our team! This position is based in the main office in Berkeley, California. Read on for full job description and how to apply.
Job Description: Volunteer & Communications Coordinator
Location: Berkeley, California
The Volunteer & Communications Coordinator is responsible for recruiting and managing volunteers, communications, assisting Executive Director, and other Administrative tasks and reports to Financial Administrator and Executive Director.
Reception & Email
- Answer phones and receive visitors
- Assist customers and donors who drop in the office
- Manage MECA’s main email account –route emails appropriately
Assist Executive Director
- Informational emails
- Thank-you letters to donors
- Social media for MECA and Shop Palestine
- Press releases when appropriate
- Sends events & Shop Palestine emails
- Assist in managing Shop Palestine website
- Coordinate production of printed materials with Development Director
- Managing estimates to keep print & postage costs within budget
- Manage bulk mail balances with post office in preparation for mailings
- Process Orders, print packing slips/invoices
- Pick and pack orders as needed
- Determine postage needed and purchase
- Assist with setup & organization of bazaar
- Handle customer service problems
- Order books for sale and maintain book inventory
- Order other locally produced products (books, food items…)
- Recruits new MECA volunteers working with Executive Director
- Maintains files with volunteer background information
- Assigns tasks to volunteers
- Maintain office area and conference room
- Other duties as needed.
Requirements for position: Applicant must have 2-3 years of work experience. Applicant needs to speak and read Arabic, have good communication skills, and work well with a team. Work involves assisting Executive Director in communications and scheduling, office reception, volunteer coordination, attending and working at MECA events, and many other responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
MECA works to protect the rights and improve the lives of children in the Middle East through aid, empowerment and education. In the Middle East, MECA provides humanitarian aid, partners with community organizations to run projects for children, and supports income-generation projects. MECA’s current projects are in Palestine and Lebanon. In the US and internationally, MECA raises awareness about the lives of children in the region and encourages meaningful action.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
MECA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees/applicants in all of our employment practices without regard to race, religion, color, sex or gender (including gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, pregnancy- and childbirth-related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, uniform-service member/veteran status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, taking/requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law.