Partners in Palestine
The Middle East Children's Alliance (MECA) supports community projects throughout Palestine that address children’s basic needs and offer them opportunities to play, learn and envision a better future.
We have partnered with community-based organizations in the West Bank and Gaza Strip that offer a range of activities that serve children, teenagers, and young adults such as kindergartens, nutrition and counseling services, sports teams, dance troupes, art and music programs, computer centers, libraries and playgrounds.
We also provide proposal writing and foundation research to enable these organizations to receive greater support than MECA is able to provide. MECA volunteers have spent weeks or months with MECA partners providing training in radio production, psychotherapy, elementary education, and community health care.
- Afaq Jadeeda Association, Nuseiret Refugee Camp, Gaza
- Al Assria Children's Library, Jabalya Refugee Camp, Gaza
- Break the Silence Mural Project
- Friends of Deir Ibzi'a, SF/Deir Ibzi'a, West Bank
- Madaa Creative Center, Silwan, East Jerusalem