Israel's Racist Policies
I have fought against all forms of racism my entire life. But as a grandmother of two wonderful boys who were born in Ethiopia, this story particularly repulses me -- although it in no way surprises me in light of how Israel has treated the Palestinians over the past 64 years. But, it is ironic that Israel, which calls itself the only democracy in the Middle East, and airlifted much of its African population into the country, is blatantly mistreating its own citizens. I think if more people would simply open their eyes to Israel's racist policies, they would be appalled.
Here are a few articles and videos about recent events:
- [VIDEO] Israel: Race Riot as Tel Aviv's Poor Hunt Down 'Cancerous' African Migrants
- Israeli MK: I didn't mean to shame Holocaust by calling African migrants a 'cancer' However, speaking to Israeli media outlets over the weekend and on Sunday, Regev chose to apologize for calling the Sudanese a cancer, opting however, to direct her apology to Holocaust survivors and cancer patients.
- What Israel’s anti-African pogroms tell us about Zionism A week ago, on the night of Wednesday 23rd May, South Tel Aviv erupted, becoming the epicentre of an attack by an angry, violent mob against members of the city’s African migrant population, deliberately targeted because of no other reason than their ethnicity.
- 'Israel Belongs to the White Man' Israel enacts law allowing authorities to detain illegal migrants for up to 3 years. Until now, migrants caught by IDF have been transferred to the Saharonim detention facility in the south; Interior Minister says migrants do not recognize that Israel 'belongs to the white man.'
- Israel Airport Email Searches Inspect Suspected Pro-Palestinian Activity Targeting mainly Muslims or Arabs, the practice appears to be aimed at rooting out visitors who have histories of pro-Palestinian activism, and in recent weeks, has led to the expulsion of at least three American women.
- Checkpoint Cheek: Confronting Israel’s Green Line Racism The checkpoint's function of ensuring the security of Israelis, and in particular the settlements, has had the effect of imposing mass insecurity among West Bank Palestinians subject to their logic.